What are website widgets in Avochato?
Avochato allows you to create personalized chat widgets to embed on your website. Once enabled on your website, the widget provides both a channel for your customers to opt-in for future SMS messages, but also a method for starting an instant chat conversation with that customer.
How to Set Up Widgets
To get started making a widget, navigate to Settings > Website Widgets and click “New”. As you complete the process, you will see a live preview of your widget on the right side of the screen.
1. Customize Your Widget Icon
Here you are able to customize the Logo of the widget itself. You also can enable a Popout text that points your website visitors to start texting with you now.
2. Set Responses
Customize the text response your contact receives. You can tailor a different response for when you are available and out of office hours.
3. Embed your Widget
You can name your widget and this is where the widget code will live. Jump down to Additional Settings to continue configuring your widgets color, fields, and additional settings. Once you have completed these steps, have your webmaster copy the widget code in the <head> of your website’s HTML and “Go Live”.
Choose any color you like for Accent, Header, Header Text, Submit button, Text, and Border. You can also resize the widget icon to your preference.
- Tagging Settings: Option to auto-tag any contact that is created via widget submissions.
- Re-Open Closed Conversations: Closed conversations in Avochato will reopen upon website chat submission.
- Enable Text Us Footer: Allows contacts to send a text message or call your Avochato number directly
- Additional Fields: Customize which fields are available when your contacts complete your widget submission. You have the ability to include Email, Help Message Box, or a Custom Drop Down. Some common uses for the Drop Down are locations, departments, or urgency of the inbound request.
As always, please text us at (415) 214-8977 if you have any questions.