The Avochato WhatsApp Integration allows Avochato customers to send messages from an approved WhatsApp account to their customers. There are two ways to message contacts via WhatsApp:
- Templates: Outbound messages are sent to opted-in contacts in the form of templates approved by WhatsApp. These templates can have variables like order details or contact name. Templates need to be pre-approved by WhatsApp prior to sending.
- Session messages: If a contact initiates a conversation via an inbound message, customers can respond free form within 24 hours. Each new inbound message resets the 24 hour window for a response.
- Facebook Business Manager profile required.
- You need to have a plan to initiate sessions with approved templates or respond to inbound session messages.
- Phone numbers:
- If you have a US number with Avochato, we will likely be able to make it WhatsApp enabled.
- If you want to use a foreign number, we need to make sure we can get a mobile number from that country via our backend providers.
Template messages: $0.005 per message + destination country rate (inquire about specific countries)
Session messages: $0.005 per message
- Complete this form as well as this form to answer all the questions that are required for your application. Avochato will submit the application on your behalf. Please allow two weeks for this application to be processed.
- Once your application is approved, it is time to work on your WhatsApp Business profile. We will work with you to make sure your business name is displayed correctly and any additional information like your website and logo are included. We also will work to add all of your templates for approval. Information required here includes: Category, Language, and body of the message. Note, if you will only be responding to inbound messages, templates are not required. This registration process also will take up to 2 weeks to complete.
Once these steps are complete, your Avochato account will be loaded with your approved templates and your Avochato inbox will be WhatsApp enabled! Please reach to us at (415) 214-8977 or firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any additional questions.