How to use Avochato Broadcasting for mass messaging on Salesforce List Views
A. What is it?
List View Broadcasting allows Salesforce users to send mass Avochato messages to people selected in Salesforce Contact and Lead List Views. This gives Avochato customers the ability to mass messaging people based on the filtering capabilities of List Views based on Salesforce data.
⚠️ List View Broadcasting is not supported in Salesforce Classic.
B. How to set it up
Ensure Avochato Credentials have been setup
In order to use Avochato Broadcasting on List Views, you must setup your Avochato API Credentials first. Setup API credentials with one or more users using the Avochato API Credentials Datatable.
Setup and enable Avochato Broadcast button on List View page
Take the following steps in order to setup mass messaging via Avochato Broadcasts to List View records. We’ll use the Lead object for this setup, and the same steps can be applied for setting up the Contact Avochato Broadcast button.
Lead object setup
1. Ensure default Avochato API Credentials have been setup, as specified in Section IV.A and IV.B above
2. Go to Setup → Object Manager → Lead → Search Layouts for Salesforce Classic
3. Within the List View layout, click the Edit action
4. In the Custom Buttons section, add the Avochato Broadcast to the Selected Buttons list
5. Click Save
Contact object setup
Repeat the same steps above for the Contact object in order to enable Avochato Broadcasting on Contact List Views.
C. How to use it?
Avochato Broadcasting in List Views
1. Go into your normal Salesforce app, and go to the Leads tab
2. Select a list view that will serve as the baseline for selecting people to send messages to
⚠️ The “Recently Viewed” list view doesn’t allow custom buttons, and the Avochato Broadcast button will not show up. Choose any other list view to see the button.
3. From within the list view, checkmark the records you’d like to send an Avochato message to, then click on the Avochato Broadcast button (which may live in the additional buttons dropdown list on the far right of the list view button options)
4. From within the Avochato Broadcast page, you will see a datatable on the left that shows you a sample of the records you will send a message to, as well as how many people have opted out and how many will actually be sent messages
5. On the right side of the page, you can enter a Broadcast Name for internal tracking purposes, as well as the message you’d like to broadcast to all the selected people on the list view
- You can always see all the details and messaging stats of the broadcast by click on the Broadcasts sidebar option in the main Avochato Inbox view
6. Click the Prepare Broadcast button to setup the broadcast. The Avochato servers prep the broadcast to ensure duplicate phone numbers only get one message.
7. Once the preparation is complete, you can either deliver the broadcast immediately, or schedule it for a future time to be sent. Once you select your option, click the Publish button to send/schedule your broadcast
8. Done! You should see a brief success message on the page, and then will be redirected to the List View that started this broadcast.
⚠️ If there were any issues with publishing the broadcast, you should see an error message with specific error details. Forward this message to Avochato Support for additional help.