How do I add contacts? Does Avochato support bulk import?
It’s simple to add contacts individually or in bulk (via .CSV) with Avochato. To add contacts, go to the Contacts view within the left sidebar in Avochato:
Next, in the upper-right hand corner, select “Import” (for bulk upload) or “New” (for individual contacts).
- Select the “Import” button.
- Review Rules for Importing (see below) and select “Choose File” or drag and drop a .csv file directly onto this box you see below.
- Navigate to the Contacts view and select “+New.”
- Enter contact details.
- Click “Save.”
Additionally, you can add a new contact in the Messages panel by clicking “New Conversation.”When you enter your contact’s number to initiate a conversation a contact will be created automatically.
Rules for Importing Contacts
- All contacts must include a phone number.
- International Phone numbers must include their country code.
- You can add both First and Last name under “Name” and Avochato will separate them out accordingly. You can also separate them out into two columns, “First Name” and “Last Name”. In this case, the “Name” column needs to be removed from the .csv.
- Headers have to match fields in Avochato.
- You can add additional fields to your import. Custom fields need to be added at Settings>Custom Fields prior to import.
- Contacts will not be duplicated. If you left off a piece of information (i.e. Tag), you can reupload the .csv file and Avochato will update the contact record.
Assigning Owners to Contacts
Contacts can have owners within Avochato. If you “own” a contact, new conversations with that contact will get assigned to you by default.
Changing the owner will automatically reassign all non-closed conversations to the new owner immediately.
- Sales teams where each agent already has a book of business
- Route conversations from a priority customer to an account manager or dedicated support agent
- Migrating a contact list from one Avochato inbox to a new one and pre-assigning owners
There are three ways to assign ownership to a contact:
- Upload a CSV file
- When you upload a CSV file, include a column titled “User Email” that contains the email of the user in Avochato who will be the new owner.
- Manually Edit on the Contact Page
- Click on the contact’s name to view the Contact edit page and select the User dropdown menu when editing the contact and hit Save.
- Updating user_id via Avochato API
- Developers can also set the owner using the Update Contact API by passing a “user_id” field containing the email or hash ID of the new owner.
Note: Reassigning the owner of a conversation does not change the owner of that conversation’s contact.
For example, Alice is the main point of contact when talking to her customer, Bob. Any time he reaches out to the Avochato Number, Alice is notified and assigned to the conversation. If Alice needs to turn off Avochato for the day, she can assign Bob’s conversation to her coworker, Cindy, and still remain the Owner of future conversations with Bob.
When you import contacts via .csv, we will provide you with a breakdown of new contacts added, existing contacts updated, duplicates skipped, and invalid rows.
Mobile Contacts Import
You have the ability to import your existing mobile contacts into your Avochato account. Navigate to the Contacts tab within the Mobile App and click “Import”. You will have the option to import your phone contacts by selecting “Import Phone Contacts”. See below.