Table of contents
- What are Campaigns?
- How do I set up a Campaign?
- How do I make sure my Campaign doesn’t send if I’m not in the office?
- How long can my Campaign be?
- What are Campaign Shortcuts?
- What are Campaign Statistics?
- Can I edit an active Campaign?
- What happens if someone responds to a Campaign message?
- Broadcasting with Campaigns
- Keywords with Campaigns
- Direct Messages with Campaigns
- Auto Responses with Campaigns
- Canceling a Campaign
What are Campaigns?
Campaigns are a series of messages that you can schedule to be sent on a time delay. The message, time delay, and audience can all be customized to fit your business needs.
How do I set up a Campaign?
Navigate to the Campaigns tab on the left sidebar. Not seeing Campaigns in Avochato? Text us at 415-214-8977 and we will start configuring your account.
To create a Campaign:
- Click the “New” button on the top right corner.
- Name your Campaign. This name will not be visible to your contacts.
- Write your first message.
- Set the timing for the follow up message by choosing from the options in the drop-down list
- Decide what happens if a person responds to the first message. Learn more about this step below under the section titled “What happens if someone responds to a Campaign?”
- Write the second message.
- If you have more messages to add to your Campaign, click “Add Step +”. Continue the same process as above.
- Make sure and click “Save” when you done building your Campaign.
- Once you’ve created your campaign, you’re ready to start sending it! When you send a message that says “$campaign_NAME” you will trigger the campaign to start in that conversation. You can always trigger that message in a broadcast, in response to a keyword, through our API, or using any of the other message sending tools in Avochato.
How do I make sure my Campaign doesn’t send if I’m not in the office?
You can configure your Campaigns to ensure that they adhere to the office hours that you have established in Avochato. Once the appropriate settings are enabled, if you are marked out of office over the weekend, a message that is scheduled for the weekend would instead send on the next available day where you have available office hours. Set up or make adjustments to your office hours at Settings > Office Hours. After you make sure your office hours are configured, go to Settings > Conversation MGMT and toggle on the below setting.
How long can my Campaign be?
At the basic level, the default setting for a Campaign is a message and a follow up message. If you click the “Add Step +” button, it will create another message in the Campaign series. You can continue to add messages to the Campaign as necessary. Watch this short instructional video to learn how here.
What are Campaign Shortcuts?
We have made it easy for you to embed Campaigns into a variety of features within Avochato using the Campaign shortcut . Copy the shortcut to a Broadcast or Keyword Auto Response to launch the Campaign. If you click into a Campaign, you can copy the shortcut quickly by clicking on the “Copy Shortcut” button in the top right corner.
What are Campaign Statistics?
You can keep tabs on the metrics of your Campaign under Campaign Statistics. Click into the Campaign and scroll to the bottom of the page. The following metrics are captured:
- Joined Campaign: Total number of contacts who received the first message
- Follow-Up Scheduled: Number of contacts in the queue for the follow up message
- Follow-Up Sent: Number of contacts who received follow up message
- Opted Out: Number of contacts who opted out
- Responded: Number of follow-up messages that were canceled due to a response.
- Follow-Up Failed: Number of contacts who had a follow up message fail
Can I edit an active Campaign?
Yes. You can edit Campaigns after they have been sent. This will change the Campaign for all future contacts that receive your Campaign message. Any edits will not affect messages from a Campaign that have already started. Make sure and save all changes once you have made the updates.
What happens if someone responds to a Campaign message? Will they receive the next scheduled message?
You can decide what happens when someone texts in the middle of a campaign. When creating your Campaign, you will have two options on the “Don’t Follow Up If Someone” box:
- Cancel the scheduled message(s) by selecting “Responds or Opt Outs”
- Send the scheduled message(s) by selecting “Opt Outs”
Broadcasting with Campaigns
Launch a Campaign to an audience of your choice by pairing Campaigns with [Broadcasting](link to broadcast article). First, create your Campaign following the steps outlined above. Once the Campaign is built, click “Copy Shortcut” and paste that shortcut in the Broadcast draft. As you complete the flow, you can see a preview of your message on the “Schedule” page.
Keywords with Campaigns
You can also embed a Campaign into a Keyword Auto Response. When someone texts you that given Keyword, you can launch your Campaign. Follow all the steps above to set up the Campaign. Then add the Campaign shortcut in the message body (…Auto Reply with). Configure Keywords at Settings > Keywords.
Direct Messages with Campaigns
Campaigns can also be sent to contacts in a one-to-one fashion. After you have built the Campaign, copy the shortcut link. Paste that link into the message body and send or schedule send as required.
You can also search for Campaigns within the Templates selector.
Auto Responses with Campaigns
Campaigns can also be added to Auto Responses. The Campaign shortcut needs to be copied into the message body for that given Auto Response. Navigate to Settings > Auto Responses to set up. One popular use for Campaigns can be with Out of Office Auto Responses. You can schedule the campaign to send a follow up message during normal business hours to make sure no one falls through the cracks.
Canceling a Campaign
When you send a contact a Campaign message, the scheduled message will be previewed in the message panel. You can click the red “Cancel” button to cancel that scheduled message.