Surveys automatically ask a list of questions and save the responses to a contact’s profile. A survey is initiated by a contact sending a text message of a specific keyword or phrase.
Setting up a survey
- In the main Avochato panel go to “Settings” > “Surveys” (under “Texting Automation”)
- Click on “+ New Survey”
- Add a keyword or phrase in the field under “When someone texts the following Survey Activation Keyword.” This keyword will be what a contact sends to start a survey.
- Click on “Click to Add a Question” and write the question. If you would like to save the responses in a field in the contacts’ profiles, fill in a name under “(Optional) Key for Storing Result.”
Example: if contacts are asked for their favorite ice cream flavor, the Key for Storing Result could be “Ice Cream Flavor” and could be used to find contacts with the same favorite ice cream flavor or as a detail to look up when communicating with the customer.
- Repeat the previous step to add more questions to the survey.
- After adding all the questions for the survey there is an option to send a final message under “(Optional) …then Avochato will send a Final Message.” This message won’t prompt any response.
- If desired, add a tag that can be used to track contacts who responded to the survey under “(Optional) Auto-Tag the Contact.”
- Advanced: add a webhook URL to receive the responses for the survey under “Avochato can send the survey results to a URL”. Note, adding a URL to a Google Sheet will not update with the results — it must be a webhook URL.
Tip: if a survey isn’t the best option for an automated flow, try setting up a keyword instead.
Surveys can also be initiated by an outbound message from Avochato. By sending $survey_keyword to a contact, the survey shortcut will automatically start the survey and ask the first question. Surveys can be initiated by any Avochato message. Try sending them in Broadcasts, Live Chats, Campaigns, and more.
Reviewing the results from a survey
Search by tag
- Go to the Avochato inbox search field
- Search for the tag associated with the survey by writing tag: “____”
- Alternatively, find a conversation with the tag and click on the tag to populate the search field
- Review all conversations with the tag.
Learn more about tags [here].