Keywords will trigger an automated response whenever someone texts the defined word to your number.
- Pick words that are not common one-word text messages. Keywords will trigger auto-responses whenever they are received, even if they are sent during an active conversation.
- The auto-response will only fire when the keyword is the only word in an incoming message.
- Keywords are not case sensitive.
Setting up a keyword
- In the main Avochato panel go to “Settings” > “Keywords” (under “Texting Automation”)
- Define the keyword in the field under “When you receive the following keyword:”
- Write the response that will be automatically texted to the contact under “…Auto-Reply with:”
- If you would like to track which contacts texted the keyword you can add a tag under “Auto-Tag the Contact With:”
Tip: If you would prefer to send a series of questions, try setting up a [survey] instead.